Electric brake system for bumper pull trailers.
With our electric brake system the brakes of a semi-trailer or bumper pull trailer are activated in the right brake performance under every circumstance regulated by the advanced brake controller, which can be done with electric or hydraulic brakes.
Components of electric brake system.
- The control box with the built in brake controller.
- Power cable with 7 pin EBS plug for connection between towing vehicle and trailer.
- Controlled for towing vehicle- this will light up by activated brake controller.
- Brake away switch. Trailer must have a battery to activate the brakes in case of separation of towing vehicle.
- Buzzer. To get an sound signal in the towing vehicle by low battery.
In case of middle axle trailers and full trailers the blocked surge brake coupling is used, but the brake away and parking device is used to overcome a battery on the trailer, and therefore parts 4 and 5 is not applicable.
- Load sensor. To measure the load on the trailer we offer 3 different options:.
- Potentiometer (K- JMR-100-10) with cable and mounting parts.
- Angle sensor ( K-JMR-100-50) with cable and mounting bracket.
- Air pressure sensor (K-JMR-100-30) with cable.
Load sensors Click on the photos to enlarge.
The components of the electric brake system.
The components of the electric braking system depends on the configuration of the BE trailer or middle axle trailer. In fact there are 6 different configurations with ECE R13 approvals 4 with electric brakes and 2 with hydraulic brakes.
|Be-trailer fifth wheel||bumper pull trailer||Full trailer|
|Max weight||5000 Kg||3500 Kg||3500 Kg|
|Parts electric brake system|
|Control box type x||X||X|
|Control box type xx||X|
|Power cable with 7 pin plugs||X||X||X|
|Led control brake signal||X||X||X|
|Buzzer signal low voltage battery||X|
|Available brake configurations|
|Configurations with electric brakes *)||1A of 1B||1C of 1D||2|
|Configurations with hydraulic brakes **)||3 of 4||3 of 4|
*) Brake configuration with electric brakes:
- Dexter axles equipped with Dexter 12×2 DXQ electric drum brakes.
- Dexter axles equipped with Dexter 10×2¼ electric drum brakes.
Electric drum brakes full trailer 3 axle.
**) Brake configuration with hydraulic brakes:
- Dexter axles equipped with Kodiak 12 inch hydraulic disc brakes and the BOOPARK 225 duo calliper or the KODIAK 225 calliper.
- Knott axles equipped with KNOTT 25-4303 hydraulic drum brakes, up to 5000 Kg
Knott 25-4303 hydraulic drum brake double axle